Wednesday, April 19, 2017

  Spring is here, i notice the brown water pooling in the bathroom sink as I wash hands after a day in the garden, and welcome the first forearm rash of the season, 
and I look forward to all this year brings                   


                     burn me
                       sun
                     burr me
                       burdock
                     bite into me
                       bugs
                     land
           in my tangles
                       leaves
                     scratch
                     stick
              and prick me
                       thorns
                     stain me
                       berries
                     resonate
       with my senses
                       resin
                     rough up my skin
                       rocks
                     dry
              and dye
                    my hands
                      soil
                    steal my breath
                      morning air
                    sneak into my house
                      duff
                    fall over me
                      rain
                 
                    and after it all
                    embrace my body
                      icy river

          this is life
   and i am alive